Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Alf's Gardening Shoes


Alf's Gardening Shoes - Oil on canvas board 30 x30 cm 
For Sale £75 (inc worldwide shipping)


We were having lunch recently with some friends and this pair of shoes was outside the back door! Obviously well used and wonderfully battered and old, I thought they would make a fantastic oil study for a daily painting! I loved the way they are trodden down at the back from being slipped on without un-doing them!!


I am getting more adept at using oils now for fairly detailed work and am really enjoying it. I still like to use acrylics sometimes but seem to be using oils more now. Am off to Brittany soon and hoping to gather lots for potential daily painting material. More seascapes too, hopefully!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic! You've really got the well-worn character of these down. I always think a pair of shoes can say so much. Are you failiar with Van Gogh's paintings of boots? Wonderful things, Google image them and you'll see what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I've been going back and forth between oils and acrylics this year. I've really enjoyed getting re-acquainted with oils over the past few months, but I think I'll switch back to acrylic when it gets too cold to leave the window open for ventilation.

    ReplyDelete